Wednesday, December 31, 2008

To cut or not to cut...

So, I decided to take a leap and cut my 2-yr old's hair today for only the 2nd time in her life. Let me tell you, that had to be one of the biggest decisions that I have made in awhile! Her curly hair is so adorable, and I kept having a huge debate in my head about what would look best and whether I really wanted to snip off any of those beautiful curls. BUT, it was starting to lose those cute little curlies because of the length and weight, which was also causing not-so-pretty pigtails and ponies. After a few days of thinking on it, I decided to cut off about 2 inches from the length. She was a perfect little angel and sat stone still (well, as still as can be expected for a 2-yr old, a few wiggles were squeezed in) while I cut off those precious locks. I was SOOOO happy that I followed through!! I now have those wonderful bouncy curls back along with the cute little piggies and ponies! No more having to make little loopy ponytails to keep it from looking thin and stringy! Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best choices.

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." ~ George Eliot

No comments: